Frequently Asked Questions
What curriculum do you use?
We follow the Alberta Program of Studies across all of our grades and implement the use of Accelerated Christian Education PACEs for our mathematics program to provide for individualized instruction and understanding.
Is there a dress code?
The guidelines for student dress code are: modesty, neatness and cleanliness. A full uniform is to be worn every day, except on designated casual days. Gym clothes are to be available at school every day to accommodate any unexpected change in the schedule. Uniforms should be neat, clean, and modest. Parents are to ensure that their children wear appropriate outside clothing and footwear for the weather conditions as the students will be outdoors at least once almost every day. Students are expected both to arrive at school and to leave from school in uniform, unless the end the day with physical education class. Permission from the teacher is required for exceptions. All items brought/worn into school are required to be clearly labelled (uniforms, footwear, outerwear, mittens). Easy to use labels can be purchased at www.oliverslabels.com/MCS
Please contact the school for a complete description of the dress code.
What is the Shine Shop?
Students earn merits in many ways: by passing tests on the first attempt, doing volunteer work, completing special projects, and memorizing Scripture, etc. The merits are spent at the Shine Shop for the purchase of items they select. Students participate in shopping at the Shine Shop twice each month.
How do you communicate with families?
There are a variety of methods we use to communicate your child’s progress and to let you know what is going on.
- The agendas are sent home daily and are to be signed and returned to school the next day.
- Communications envelopes are sent home regularly with students. The envelope is required to be signed by parents/guardians and returned the following day.
- Parent and Student Orientation/Meet the Teacher
- Award Ceremonies and Parent Interviews
- The Father’s House School Christian School App (Link to download in the footer. Login information received with registration packet).